Welcome to Reno Friends Meeting and the Quaker Community of Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe, located at 497 Highland Avenue near the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.
Our Meeting is a gathering place for Quakers and those of all faiths drawn to the Quaker tradition of unprogrammed Silent Worship, and to Quaker values such as simplicity, nonviolence, equality and harmony with nature. Unprogrammed Quaker Meetings are those that worship in silence, without a pastor or liturgy.
If you are not feeling well – even if you think it’s just a cold or allergies – we ask that you stay home, even if you are vaccinated. Masks are optional but welcome at all our events. We also run air purifiers when we gather in the Meeting House. We do ask, but do not require, that attenders get COVID boosters. If you are concerned about your exposure to respiratory viruses, consider attending our hybrid worship via Zoom or one of our other events on Zoom. If you test positive for COVID and have attended Silent Worship or another indoor Reno Friends event within the previous two days, please contact clerk (at) renofriends.org.
This web site also includes:
- Information on how to find our Meeting House or reach us by phone or email.
- All About Reno Friends, a window into the Quaker community in Northern Nevada.
- Our Blog, which each month explores a different facet of our Meeting, Quaker practices and testimonies, or life in general.
- All About Quakers, information about the Religious Society of Friends, a worldwide movement of diverse theological views and experience that has its roots in 17th-century English Protestantism.
- For first-time visitors, an explanation of What Happens During Sunday Services. Or try our light-hearted Might You Be a Quaker? checklist!
This is the web site for the Reno Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, a Nevada not-for-profit corporation. Since our formal title is a mouthful, we use the name Reno Friends Meeting in day-to-day conversation. We use the term Quakers interchangeably with Friends.
If you have any questions or comments about the Reno Friends, please e-mail us at clerk (at) renofriends.org . E-mail is the quickest, most reliable way to reach us. We check our phone, (775) 329-9400, periodically, but not frequently (we are an entirely volunteer organization).
If you have any problems with or suggestions for our web site, please email webmaster (at) renofriends.org . Thank you ahead of time for your help!