We are currently holding silent worship sitting outside in our Meeting House Garden. Please follow these guidelines so that everyone feels safe:
- In the garden, each person should keep a space of 6’ or more from others. Please avoid clustering at the gate or entrance.
- Bring your own folding chair (beach or camp), a mask (surgical or homemade, or a face shield), and a hat (it’s sunny).
- If you need a chair provided for you, arrive early enough for one to be brought out for you from inside the Meeting House.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to get situated on the lawn.
- A mask or face shield is required at all times during garden worship, so that everyone feels safe. Thank you for understanding!
- If you have difficulty breathing through your mask, while you are seated you may temporarily pull your mask down below your nose, but please keep your mouth covered. Please pull your mask back up over your nose when speaking, arriving, and departing, and cover your nose and mouth if you have to sneeze or cough.
- Since it is difficult to hear outdoors, and also difficult to hear people speaking through masks, we will have a microphone stand and speaker set up in the center of the garden. If you are moved to speak during the silence, please go to the microphone to speak so everyone can hear you. Please stand close to the microphone, but please don’t touch the microphone while using it. Ignore the furball on the end of the microphone; it’s a wind muff and will not bite!
- The Meeting House bathroom will be available via the BACK (north side) door. One person at a time, no gathering inside.
- Please don’t bring food or drinks or anything to share with others. You may bring some water for yourself if you like.
- If weather threatens, we will make a decision about whether to cancel the evening before and send out an email and update the website. Check your email before you come if the weather looks doubtful.
- In the event of an unexpected disruption during our worship, the worship clerk will move us to the adjoining park, suggest we retreat to sit in our cars until we can reassemble, or disband the session.
Return to Home page