Welcome to Reno Friends Meeting and the Quaker Community of Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe, located at 497 Highland Ave. near the campus of the University of Nevada Reno.
Our Meeting is a gathering place for Quakers and those of all faiths drawn to the Quaker tradition of Silent Worship and to Quaker values such as simplicity, community, integrity, nonviolence, equality and harmony with nature.
Each Sunday morning we come together for an hour of Silent Worship, followed by time for sharing reflections and fellowship. We are worshipping on both Zoom and, starting later in May, will gather in our Meeting House Garden. Click the “Silent Worship” link above for information about Quaker Worship, and our Zoom Worship link.
We welcome visitors and newcomers; we are an open and affirming spiritual community. Please consider joining us on an upcoming Sunday, or for another event on our Calendar.
See our newsletter for other Reno Friends activities, including spiritual discussions, social hour, yoga classes and topical conversations.
Here’s a guide to our site:
- Stay in touch with what’s happening at Reno Friends by visiting our Calendar or viewing our monthly newsletter at RFM News.
- If you want to find our Meeting House or reach us by phone or email, visit the Find/Contact Us page. We are just north of downtown Reno and east of University of Nevada Reno at 497 Highland Ave. in Reno.
- Each month we explore a different facet of our Meeting, of Quaker practices and testimonies, or of life in general in Our Blog.
- All About Reno Friends offers a window into the Quaker community in Northern Nevada. Quakers call their faith communities “meetings”; those communities meet in what are known as meeting houses.
- First-time visitors may find it helpful to read What Happens During Sunday Services. Or try our light-hearted Might You Be a Quaker? checklist!
- All About Quakers is full of information about the Religious Society of Friends, a worldwide movement of diverse theological views and experience that has its roots in 17th-century English Protestantism. Quaker is a nickname for the Friends.
This is the web site for the Reno Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, a Nevada not-for-profit corporation. Since our formal title is a mouthful, we use the name Reno Friends Meeting in day-to-day conversation. We use the term Quakers interchangeably with Friends.
If you have any questions or comments about the Reno Friends, please e-mail us at clerk (at) renofriends.org . E-mail is the quickest, most reliable way to reach us. We check our phone, (775) 329-9400, periodically, but not frequently (we are an entirely volunteer organization).
If you have any problems with or suggestions for our web site, please email webmaster (at) renofriends.org . Thank you ahead of time for your help!